Sunday, July 21, 2013

Soundtracks


Sometimes our lives  have soundtracks. We remember where we were, what we were doing when a particular song came on. A movie, a dance, sunning at the beach. A special someone, who shared it, and the song became "ours." A wedding.

Was watching a silly movie the other day, and the characters kept referring to another movie that one of them thought had the best soundtrack of all time: The Breakfast Club.  (Because of Simple Minds' Don't You Forget About Me).

I'm not sure about that.

There are a lot of movies with great soundtracks. I think this is a generational thing. One generation might go with Casablanca and As Time Goes By. Another might go with 8 Mile or Pump Up the Volume. 

Or Coming Home, the  heavy on classic Vietnam-era tunes by the Beatles, Stones, Dylan, Buffalo Springfield, Hendrix and other 60's artists: Hey Jude, Strawberry Fields, Call on Me, Once I Was, Expecting to Fly, For What It's Worth, Time Has Come Today, Just Like a Woman, Save Me, Follow, Manic Depression, White Rabbit, Out of Time, No Expectations, Jumpin' Jack Flash, My Girl, Ruby Tuesday, Sympathy for the Devil, Bookends, Born to Be Wild. (Yeah, I like that one. The soundtrack of my life.)

A reader (and fellow author), told me  every time she heard the title of my erotic paranormal 1Night Stand story, LIGHTNING, she thought of The Wanted's song of the same name:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyHyfLp5NI



And Decadent Publishing's co-owner, Heather Bennett, thought AC/DC's Thunderstruck was a great soundtrack for THUNDER, my second Sleepy Hollow 1Night Stand story for Decadent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM.



 (Did you know THUNDER is only 99 cents on Amazaon right now? It's a limited time only, so catch it quick!)

Both those songs have become earworms for me lately, popping into my head at the weirdest times.

What's the soundtrack of your life?



No comments:

Post a Comment