Friday, April 23, 2010

Let's Play a Game...

        Years and years ago, a few of us started a round-robin email story that, admittedly, never went very far. I remember something about a cold, gray seashore, someone walking along it, a boat, a cottage and then a box inside the cottage with a journal inside the box. Maybe a ghost. I think that's about as far as we got.
        We each wrote a paragraph or two and then handed it off to the next person on the email list. Everyone wrote in different voices and styles. A contemporary became a paranormal and, through the diary in the box, an historical.
        Or, I am just recalling it with those rosy-glo hindsight glasses that make things dead (or undead) and buried (or walking the earth when the moon is full) sometimes look a lot better than they ever were.
        I think, but am not 100 percent certain, that the "Pages" Gadget will allow us to do something similar here.  I could create a new tab, call it, oh, say, "Dickens," and everyone could continue the story as comments. 
        Could be good whacky fun.  Or, you know, not.
        Anyone game?
        If so step right up. 
        Above this post you will see the tab. So let's get clickin'.
        In for a penny (as Dickens might say), in for a pixel.

     Or, as Edward Bulwer-Lytton (and Snoopy) might write,  "It was a dark and stormy night......."
    

4 comments:

Janet Lane Walters said...

Terri, good idea for those whose heads go for this kind of stuff. I only did this once on a publisher's loop and this was almost as hard as writing an entire novel. Good luck. Janet

Jan said...

I'm running into error messages when I attempt to test a small contribution.

Liz said...

I'm not good at these thing and besides I need to go an work on my next scene. But have fun with this

Taryn Kincaid said...

So let me see if I have this correctly...Janet and Liz don't want to play and dropped by to say so. Oh. Okay.

Jan: If you are "anonymous" of "in a misty but not too distant landscape" that came through! I'll try to add something later and see if it works.

Sad that more people don't want to play.

Post a Comment