Sunday, November 27, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 11-27-11

 Aidon throws a dinner party for two uninvited live dudes who have sneaked into his subterranean realm to court his new bride. Not only is he serving them underworld food, but he's got another surprise in store. Wasn’t your Thanksgiving table just like this?

          “What are you going to do to them, Aidon?”

          Stephanie nods toward the pair of weeping dingbats.
          Percy munches a flaky biscuit, the waterworks running all the while, unware that the more he eats, the more uncontrollable his tears. Theo slurps a delicate lemon-asparagus soup and tries to pull his seat closer to the table, unconscious of the chamois-covered manacles clamped around his calves, or that the only direction he's moving is down. The polished floor tile beneath the suitors’ chairs recesses again, lowering them another inch or so on their way to Tartarus.
          “What do you want me to do, Steph?”


            Read other Six Sentence Sunday writers


39 comments:

Alix said...

Great snippet!

Liz said...

Hehehehe. Well done - love it.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic six xx

Unknown said...

Oh my! This Thanksgiving promises to be a wild ride for these two...great six!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Those boys are in trouble... I wonder what she'll decide. Great six! :)

Jayel Kaye said...

weeping dingbats. Love it

Lisa Fox said...

Sounds like a terribly delicious meal!

Stacey said...

Fantastic six! ;-)

Heather Thurmeier said...

Sounds yummy. Now I'm hungry!

Anonymous said...

Very intriguing six, Taryn! Can't wait to read more!

Liz said...

I LOVE This...fantastic!

Aimee Laine said...

That sounds a little underhanded. ;)

Carrie Ann Ryan said...

Oh well then. Great job!

Siobhan Muir said...

Intriguing six, Taryn. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that's a trick question! Can't wait to see what comes next. Excellent excerpt as always, much enjoyed.

Cara Michaels said...

Well, that's a heck of a spot to put Steph in. Great 6, Taryn. :)

sue said...

Sounds like he's got it all under control yup it's all good.

Unknown said...

I'd like to see her response! :-)

Zee Monodee said...

Oooh, this is creepy and chilling! You shouldn't mess with the bloke! :)

Lex Valentine said...

Weeping dingbats. Too funny!

Hailey Edwards said...

Uh oh. That can't be good. This is a cool twist on Surfer Dude's story I didn't see coming. :)

Xandra James said...

Ooh, I'm intrigued!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Just to clarify: This isn't Surfer Dude's story. It's his older brother Aidon's story!

Vivien Dean said...

Very original! Thanks for sharing. :)

Tmonique Stephens said...

Nice imagery. Very vivid. I loved it.

Sondrae Bennett said...

Very interesting!

Meg Maguire said...

Whoa, different. And "the pair of weeping dingbats" made me smile.

Brien Michaels said...

Oooh. I iz intrigued! More, I say!

Anonymous said...

Spiked with attitude, a little tart for the sweet imagery. Tippin' my hat!

Anonymous said...

Sounds about right considering the uninvited guests. Janet

Melisse Aires said...

I love your underworld setting. Amusing, too!

Ruth Madison said...

Foolish live dudes! lol.

Gayle Ramage said...

Absolutely love this! I wonder what she'll respond with. :)

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh! I think the pair of dingbats are in for a wild ride!

Cherie Marks said...

Hmmm. They brought upon themselves, I'm sure, but I bet he'll be a hero in the end. Great six!

diannehartsock said...

I have the idea that she better be careful what she answers. No telling what he'll do to the dingbats if he doesn't like her reply. :)

Laura Kaye said...

Ooh, interesting description and world!

Jennifer Wilck said...

Oh, creepy. Great six.

Wendy said...

Gives a new meaning to southern hospitality :)

Post a Comment