Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Spotlight on Krista Ames

Thrilled and delighted to shine the Saturday Spotlight on fellow Decadent Publishing author, Krista Ames! Krista's latest release, TAKE ME HOME, COWBOY, is from Decadent's Western Escape line.
 
 
Blurb:
Ally Kincaid returns to Freewill, Wyoming, to see her father after a two year absence. Anticipating a quiet family reunion, she finds herself butting heads with her father’s foreman instead. The man’s arrogance and sexy drawl push all her buttons, making her wonder what he’s hiding beneath his cowboy swagger.

Matt Gentry walked away from the past and shies from the future. No ties means no one gets hurt…until the boss’s daughter, a hot, green-eyed blonde, tempts him to break his own rules.
When tragedy strikes, will building tension and pride destroy their growing attraction or show them the way home?

Excerpt:

 “I need to buy that man an answering machine.” Furious, Ally held the receiver away from her ear, eyes closed as the phone on the other end rang continuously. “Come on, Daddy, where are you?”
She was ready to hang up in frustration when the receiver was picked up and then—by the sound of the loud clanging on the other end—dropped.
“Circle K,” said the deep male voice rather breathlessly.
“Where in the world were you?”
“Excuse me?” the husky voice asked.
Oh crap, that’s definitely not Daddy. She’d been so surprised her call had finally been answered, she hadn’t realized there was nothing familiar about the voice at the end of the line “I’m sorry….” she cracked. Wow, where did that high-pitched squeak come from? “I’m sorry, who is this?”
“This is the Circle K Ranch. Who’s this?”
The man’s question held an impressive sexy drawl. Definitely not a voice she’d ever heard in New York City, and one she’d only be lucky enough to find in her dreams.
“I’d like to speak to Jesse Kincaid, please.” She did a mental inventory of all the ranch hands but couldn’t place the voice. And he obviously didn’t recognize hers either. Must be somebody new her father had hired since the last time she’d been there.
“Sorry, ma’am, he’s not here. What can I do for ya?”
“When will he be available, please?”
“Now, ma’am, I don’t guess I’m at liberty to say until I know exactly who it is I’m speaking at.”
God, men could be so arrogant. Why did he need to know who was calling? A simple answer would suffice.
“Not that it’s any of your business, but this is Ally Kincaid. Who exactly are you?”
“Well, well, isn’t this a nice surprise? Miss Ally Kincaid. Did your father know you’d be calling?
She gritted her teeth in frustration. Who does this cocky, know-it-all cowboy think he is?  
Buy links:
Decadent | Amazon | B&N | ARe |  Manic

Krista Ames is a full-time author, mom and wife and resides in northern lower Michigan with her husband and 4 children. Krista loves to hear from readers feel free to drop her a note at krista@kristaames.com

                       
 
Review from Books,Books and More Books:
I’ll be honest, I am a big fan of contemporary western romances…and books like Take Me Home, Cowboy are the reason. This is my first book by author Krista Ames and I was very impressed that she put such a delightful twist on old favorite ~ big city girl returns to her roots where she discovers love.
This is a very sweet and touching romance between two people that soon discover an attraction through sexual tension. The author was even able to turn something that normally completely repulses me -- characters who keep secrets from each other – into something wonderful. Matt never let his secret get in the way of his character or his genuine feelings for Ally; you could feel the very deep emotional connection between the characters.
I could go on and on about this book, but it's better for you to just go buy it and then read it.

Contact links:

 

4 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Welcome, Krista! So happy to have you here!

Jessica E. Subject said...

That is an awesome excerpt! Already I can feel the tension through the phone. Makes me wonder what it will be like when the two of them meet face-to-face. :)

Liza O'Connor said...

Krista, great excerpt and review.
Can't wait to read it.

Krista Ames said...

Taryn, thanks so much for having me today. Sorry I was out of town today but I definately appreciate it!

Jessica & Liza, thank you for stopping to visit me:)

Post a Comment