Sunday, December 29, 2013

Looking back...and forward

Buh-bye, 2013. 
All things considered, not a bad year for me, writing wise. 
So let's reflect... 

2013 saw the publication by Decadent Publishing of two  of my 1Night Stand stories, FROST and HEAT WAVE, and of BLIZZARD,  a story for Decadent's The Edge line. All of those, along with two 2012 1Night Stand stories, LIGHTNING and THUNDER, were collected in the SLEEPY HOLLOW anthology which came out in late August, as a digital edition and as a paperback!

Not too shabby.


What will 2014 bring?  I've committed to writing three books for some new lines. One of those is in the can, written and submitted and I'm waiting to hear back from Decadent on whether it's been accepted. I've begun another, for a different publisher and a different secret new line, but the deadline's not until the summer so I'm playing around and procrastinating. The third project is barely a glimmer in my eye. Sadly, it doesn't seem that any of those will be published in 2014. So it may be a slow and depressing year for me, while waiting for those calendar pages to flip by.


And trying to curb my book envy when peeps I know announce new contracts and show off dazzling new covers.

But in May, I'll be visiting New Orleans (my bucket list city) for the Romantic Times con.

Which brings me to my game plan for 2014. (Notice how I didn't say "resolution" there? I'm funny that way. I also know myself.)

In 2014, I hope to plan better. And not make myself too crazy doing it!  How about you?


                                            Happy New Year!

2 comments:

CarolKat said...

My plan for 2014 is to get out and about more, travel a bit more and do more things that I like. I've been a bit of a hermit this past year.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Have a Happy New Year, Carol!

Post a Comment