Friday, February 18, 2011

FRIEND FRIDAY: ELERI STONE

Today's Friend Friday guest blogger is Eleri Stone, a fellow Carina Press author. Her paranormal novella, MERCY, is a hot, shapeshifter read. I loved it!
 
Here's the blurb:

 To the Yaguara, an ancient jaguar shape-shifting people living deep in the Amazon jungle, nothing matters more than strength. Iada is their champion; genetically pure, she has been trained since birth to fight. Her destiny is to become the next Queen of the Yaguara by winning the tournament of succession—a battle to the death.


Her opponent is Gabriel, a half-blooded outcast whose mother was human. To everyone's shock, he defeats Iada but does not strike the death blow—instead, he extends mercy, thereby claiming her as his mate.

Despite their enmity, the attraction between them is powerful, and soon they are mates in more than name only. Their mutual distrust serves only to fuel their passion—two champions bested only by their overpowering desire for each other.

But Gabriel has an agenda that threatens the most basic tenets of Yaguara society—and that will force Iada to choose between her people or her King.



And here's Eleri:

I’m between books right now. MERCY, my debut novel, released from Carina Press this fall (Yay!). I have a contract for another jaguar shapeshifter book set in the same world (double Yay!) but that one won’t release for several months. I have a paranormal romance almost ready to submit and a historical fantasy I’m self-editing right now. So until my next edits come in, my time is flexible and I’ve been catching up on some of the reading I’ve missed.

I’ve been trying out a lot of newer authors from different epublishers these last few weeks and I thought I’d share a few of my favorites.

EVERLONG by Hailey Edwards. This is a paranormal romance published by Samhain publishing. I loved the hero in this one, especially how much he was willing to sacrifice in order for the woman he loved to be happy.




TEN TRICK RUBY by Julia Knight which is a great fantasy with pirates, magic, a strong heroine and a complex villain. From Carina Press.
WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGER by Fallon Blake. I really like the sense of humor that comes through in her writing. This one is a quick hot contemporary from Ellora’s Cave.



Have you read any new or new-to-you authors lately that you’ve just fallen in love with? I’d LOVE to hear some more recommendations if you have them.

http://www.eleristone.com/

http://www.eleristone.blogspot.com/

http://www.twitter.com/EleriStone

14 comments:

Shoshanna Evers said...

Great post - and your cover is *hot* Eleri! I recently read Cara McKenna's Willing Victim (Ellora's Cave) and *loved* it, if you want to add something to your TBR list!

Unknown said...

I'm always looking for recommendations. Thanks Shoshanna.

Unknown said...

Oh! And thanks Taryn for having me today!

Elise Warner said...

Went into semi-shock when I realized I would never be able to read every book that's ever been written.

Hailey Edwards said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book, Eleri.

I've said before, I'm a fan of your writing (and covers). I'm excited for your next release.

Hmm. New-to-me authors. I found Erica Hayes several months ago, and now I faithfully stalk her. I absolutely love her Shadowfae Chronicles. Her style is so lush, I could drown in the words on the page.

I also finally caved and read the first Demonica book by Larissa Ione. I don't know what I expected, but what I got wasn't it. I've read the first and second book so far, getting ready for the third, and I love them. The characters are charming, the sexual tension sizzles, and the plotting is masterful. Every-little-thing ties together, and I love that.

It's odd for me to find two new-to-me authors that really hit all the right notes for me in such a short amount of time. Not that I'm complaining. ;)

Taryn Kincaid said...

Eleri -- Great suggestions. I've had Hailey's EVERLONG on my TBR list. Might have to nudge it closer to the top! Thanks for the other recs!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Shoshanna, Elise & Hailey ~

Thanks for coming by to play!

Hailey, I also recently discovered Larissa Ione's steamy Demonica series. I gobbled the first 3 (the gorgeous, HOT, demonic Dr. Eidolon and his brothers, Shade and Wraith) as if they were M&Ms. Liked book 4, Lore's story, a little less, and have Sin's story, SIN UNDONE, all fired up and ready to go! LOVE those sexy boys (and their sister!)

Taryn Kincaid said...

And...just discovered Maggie Robinson, whose sexy Regency romp, MISTRESS BY MISTAKE, kept me up last night until I just HAD to go to bed...and will probably keep me turning pages tonight, as well. Looking to check out her new one now.

Unknown said...

I read one of the Demonica series but it was awhile ago. The funny thing is I remember liking it then so I don't know why I didn't read the rest. I guess it's like Elise said...there are just so many books out there.
Taryn - you should! I've been trying out some of the sixsundayers. I'm thinking about going on a scifi binge next.

Taryn Kincaid said...

I know, me too. I won MIDNIGHT'S GHOST from Sara Brookes and now I've got MIDNIGHT'S SHADOW on my list. Same thing with the Carina Press authors. After MERCY and your Six Sunday tidbits, you'll always be on my "TBR" list. I'll probably end up spending more at Carina Press than I'll ever have coming in! LOL!

Janet Lane Walters said...

Enjoy shifters and jaguars are among my favorite cats. Will look for your stories soon.

Anonymous said...

Eleri, the world you've built in MERCY sounds different and intriguing! Very clever premise.

Susanna Ives' RAKES AND RADISHES was one of my most fave books of 2010. If you like mysteries, definitely check out Shirley Wells' books. I could go on. I have "stacks" of books in my Nook that I loved in 2010. My fave so far in 2011 has been THE BOOK THIEF. LOVED it!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Janet & Liz ~
Thanks for stopping by!
Liz, I have your CAPTIVE SPIRIT and Susanna's RAKES & RADISHES on my list already and, now that you've reminded me, I downloaded Shirley Wells' PRESUMED DEAD long ago! I have to go check out where I put it!

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks Taryn. Can't wait to read Healing Hearts too.
Thanks Janet. I hope you like them.
Hi Liz! Thanks for the recs : )

Post a Comment