Thursday, May 26, 2011

FRIEND FRIDAY: JENNY SCHWARTZ


Hey, peeps.  Please welcome back to Friend Friday my guest blogger and fellow Carina Press writer, Jenny Schwartz, author of the thought-provoking, fantasy romance "Out of the Bottle" series,  Price of Freedom, Angel Thief, and Jenny's newest release, Three Wishes.

 I love her wit and her inspiring ideas! 
                                                        ***

Thanks, Taryn, for letting me visit again, especially since last time I couldn't stop talking about disasters. This time I've taken inspiration from Agatha Christie and will behave myself.


So how has the great Agatha inspired me? It's her Middle Eastern adventures. This is where she wrote “Murder on the Orient Express”.
File:Hotel Baron HPIM3018 2.JPG
                                                               The Hotel Baron by Mappo  via Wikimedia Commons

It seemed such an appropriate and romantic place to write that it started me thinking -- if I could write anywhere in the world, where would I choose?

I'd definitely want to spend some time note-taking in the British Museum's famous Reading Room.

File:British Museum Reading Room Section Feb 2006.jpg
                                                    British Museum Reading Room By Eneas via Wikimedia Commons

But for serious writing I'd love an undisturbed, solitary nook and I'm thinking ... houseboat. I've never actually tried writing on one, but a girl can dream!

C&O Canal

If you could write anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

      Cover image for Three Wishes
                                            

She is the Bringer of Death

Cali, a djinni, has sworn to twist the wishes of humans so they die by their own greed and evil. Her latest master is arms dealer David Saqr, a man Cali believes deserves the fate she has in store for him. But this time she finds herself up against Andrew, David's guardian angel.

He is a Protector of Life

Andrew believes David can yet find redemption. He fights Cali for the man's life, even as he tries to persuade her to give in to the sizzling attraction between them. He shows Cali another side of David, and invites her to trust again, to hope. But centuries of being enslaved have hardened Cali's heart--it's going to take all of Andrew's love to convince her to open it and let him in.

http://bit.ly/Wishes3

You can find Jenny at her website, http://www.authorjennyschwartz.com/

on Twitter, http://twitter.com/#!/Jenny_Schwartz

Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/JennySchwartz.author

and indulging her love of pretty pictures on Tumblr, http://jennyschwartz.tumblr.com/

16 comments:

Jenny Schwartz said...

Taryn, you made me blush. Me? provoke thought? I know when I drive, I provoke swearing ... no, kidding. I'm a very good driver (says me). No accidents, so far.

Today is one of those days when I really would like to have a secret writing boat and sail away.

Taryn Kincaid said...

I was so brain dead today, I backed out of my spot at a Dunkin' Donuts (purveyors of caffeine and sugar), right into a double-parked car. The guy emailed a picture of the dent to whomever he borrowed the car from, then told me, "She said it already had that dent." And off we all went. Phew. Just what I needed to cap off my day from hell!

Jenny Schwartz said...

You can take my expletive of sympathy for granted. That sounds like a double serving of hell. You poor thing. Are you okay?

Taryn Kincaid said...

Oh, no injuries, thank goodness. Just had had elsewhere!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I *love* the idea of writing on a houseboat... with a pilot... and a chef...

Marcelle

Jenny Schwartz said...

A chef! Oh, what a good idea. I'm going to steal it. I definitely want a chef on my houseboat. Hmm, maybe Curtis Stone ;)

Shelley Munro said...

I'd like to write on a cruise ship, preferably on a round the world cruise.

Congrats on your new release, Jenny.
Taryn, that sounds like a bad day!

Jenny Schwartz said...

Shelley, that sounds luxurious. I think it was Anna Campbell who was author-in-residence on a New Zealand cruise a few months ago. That sounded awesome. So, maybe it *is* possible!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Oooh, Marcelle. Love the idea of a live-in chef.

Also, a cabana boy.

Yeah, I think I'd like to have a beach villa. With pina coladas.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Cruise ship. Hmm. That might work. On the other hand, too many people.

Maybe a private yacht. With a chef. And a cabana boy.

Adrienne Giordano said...

Hi Jenny. If I could write anywhere it would be in a condo on Sanibel Island that overlooks the Gulf. We stay there once a year and I find such peace in that spot. When I hit a rough patch in my writing, I imagine sitting at a desk, staring out the doors to the ocean. So peaceful!

Anonymous said...

HI Jenny! Yummy - book sounds SO good. To write outside on the beach is the best it could get for me. Ummm, ok, let's add a gorgeous male servant bringing me cocktails and we've got nirvana!

Claire Robyns said...

Congrats on another release in your stunning series, Jenny!

I read, and now I can't remember the name, an author who writes (and lives) on a boat docked at some port. Lol, her post was about the fact that she'd just rented a small office space on-land to write in so she could get off the boat **grass always greener on the other side**

I dream of a cozy cottage tucked away along the coast somewhere, like Cornwall, with large sea-facing windows where I can watch the sea storms blow in while I write. Log fire going on in the background of course.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Adrienne, Jen & Claire -- Thanks for stopping by and being entertaining while Jenny was (presumably) sleeping, and I was at work (and shopping spree!)

Jenny Schwartz said...

Thanks for the good wishes! I was sleeping -- I know, very non-authorly. I should be burning the midnight oil.

Adrienne, I had to google Sanibel Island. It's lovely. Inspiration for calm.

Jennifer, I think there's consensus -- seaside plus cabana boy ;) Sounds good!

Claire, when you get that cosy Cornwall cottage, be warned -- Cornwall is on my long list of places to visit when/if I ever start travelling. If I had to live in the UK, I'd choose Cornwall. Your dream writing place sounds wonderful.

Taryn -- You went shopping?!! Anything good?

Jenny Schwartz said...

Claire, I was so delighted with the irony of a writer on a houseboat wanting to write on land, I completely failed to mention it. Doh. Thanks for sharing the snippet.

***under-coffee'd and in charge of a computer***

Post a Comment